The old saying is so true; leaders are learners. When looking for your next read to use in developing new skills and competencies, consider the following from some incredible authors and business leaders.
The Art of Navigating Change & Uncertainty
Even the most sophisticated companies experience high failure rates in change and transformative projects. Indeed, seven in ten projects fail. Why? What can transformational leaders do to improve outcomes and increase gains?
Chambers, an expert on change management and transformation, introduces a balanced approach to managing the emotional and programmatic elements of change. In her new book Improbable Outcomes, Chambers examines a winning strategy to employ emotional intelligence, a transformational leadership mindset, and a proven methodology for successful change. You will learn to master critical aspects of change, including her three tenants of successful change management; organizational readiness, momentum, and change and sustain activities.
From the Court to the Boardroom
A story of Leadership and Success by Lisa Leslie and Bridgette Chambers.
In a new book by power house authors, Hall of Famer Lisa Leslie and award winning Entrepreneur, Bridgette Chambers, readers quickly learn how to reignite the powerful foundation of strength formed while playing competitive sports and parlay those life changing, high performing behaviors into success in the business world. Through stories and winning strategies, Lisa and Bridgette invite readers to RE-IGNITE their passion and competitive spirit. Next, the authors introduce a path designed to help readers RISE to the challenges ahead and find the inner-strength and constitution to keep REACHING for greatness in business.
Profitable Problem Solving™
Learn how to CHANGE, GROW & SAVE your company with strategies designed to ensure profit or personal gain with the Amazon Bestseller!
For High Performers and Entrepreneurial Employees on the Move
If you’re looking for a way to differentiate yourself, grow your career, and increase your net worth… why not begin by putting your problem solving skills to work for you.
Don’t Let the Lipstick Fool You
by Lisa Leslie
“Don’t Let the Lipstick Fool You” tells Lisa Leslie’s story, from growing up in a single-parent house to rising through the ranks as a WNBA all-star.
With heart and honesty, she shares the hopes, dreams and ambitions that turned her into an Olympian, successful business woman and a loving wife and mother.
The ROI of Trust Transparency
by Scott Steinford
Scott is a pioneer in the alignment of ethics and business success. In his book, The ROI of Trust Transparency, Scott introduces groundbreaking strategies designed to teach executives how to grow their companies, connect with customers, and create a competitive advantage with Trust Transparency.
Fast Track to the Corner Office for Women
by Dr. Betty Orlandino
With her business-savvy insights and her audacious “Chicago chutzpah” to give you a good swift kick in the career, Dr Betty Orlandino shares personal anecdotes, case histories and direct how-to advice to help women get past job-limiting plateaus and career-ending personal gaffes in the executive suite. More important, she shows you exactly what to do about the “leadership ambition gap” shaping women’s presence in business today… and exactly what you need to overcome the limiting beliefs and soul-crushing attitudes that frustrate your way to the top.
Disrupting Digital Business
Create an Authentic Experience in the Peer-to-Peer Economy
by R “Ray” Wang
We are no longer an economy of products and services. The digital transformation demands that we focus our attention on experiences and outcomes. Business leaders and their organizations must shift to keeping promises—no matter how their customers interact with them. Technology guru Ray Wang shows how organizations can surf the waves of change—how they can keep their promises.
The Profitable Problem Solving Blog is a source of information and a place to share perspective.
- Four “MUST HAVE” cultural constructs to attract and retain IntreprenuersListen up CEOs…. Do you offer the Four “MUST HAVE” cultural constructs to attract and retain Intreprenuers You would not believe how many CEOs quip... The post Four “MUST HAVE” cultural constructs to attract and retain Intreprenuers appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- Using Mobile Apps to Build Competitive AdvantageIt’s hard to believe that it’s been less than a decade since the introduction of the iPhone in 2007 and the launch of what we today think of as mobile apps – those that run on smart phones... The post Using Mobile Apps to Build Competitive Advantage appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- Top 3 steps to maximize your role as an Intreprenuer…And once you maximize your role as an Intreprenuer...how make sure you get the right reward for your accomplishments. First ask yourself, are you an Intreprenuer? The post Top 3 steps to maximize your role as an Intreprenuer… appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- Next stop – problem solving forumWhat a great week. Since the Amazon release of my new book, Profitable Problem Solving™, many people have reached out to share their problem solving stories with me. Most of the stories are great examples... The post Next stop – problem solving forum appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- Welcome to the Profitable Problem Solving™ BlogHi – welcome back to my blog. Thank you to those of you that have corresponded with me and shared comments. I have enjoyed our focus on improving the bottom line for... The post Welcome to the Profitable Problem Solving™ Blog appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- Think you have the best plan… think again.Even the biggest brands make the small but costly mistakes. Four big obstacles to avoid as you grow. So you think your company is ready to grow? Think you’re all set for soaring revenues and an influx of new customers? Make sure to avoid common mistakes that trip up even the most impressive iconic brands. […] The post Think you have the best plan… think again. appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- Welcome Guest-blogger Nellie Greely and her focus on Trends to watch for in 2014Trends I love for 2014 I know – I know… The previous blog promised that the next one would cover the importance of building on your core values to create a vision and mission for your company that will inspire both customers and employees. And the very next one will. I promise. But I’m going […] The post Welcome Guest-blogger Nellie Greely and her focus on Trends to watch for in 2014 appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- How do core values define my brand?The core values of a company are similar to those of an individual. They are the collection of beliefs, ethics, and standards that steer your life or your work. Your company either has them or you do not, and you can choose whether you operate with them as guiding principles. What’s important to remember is […] The post How do core values define my brand? appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- What Is The Difference Between Marketing And Branding?A few keywords and a Google search later, you can easily find yourself sorting through numerous perspectives, theories, opinions, and interpretations. You can click on a few of those links or spend your entire day tracking down just the right insight to help you understand the difference, and I would argue you are probably still […] The post What Is The Difference Between Marketing And Branding? appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »
- Welcome to Up My Brand®This is my first blog on the new Up My Brand® blog. My background, primarily focused on turn around or growth related projects for small to midsize organizations, has given me a front row seat with business owners desperately trying to take their enterprise to a revenue neutral or profitable state. My hat is off to […] The post Welcome to Up My Brand® appeared first on Profitable Problem Solving. Read more »